Friday, November 04, 2005

My Listmania List, including books published by some of America's most egregious poetry contest cheaters was removed from Amazon. I wrote to ask why, even though I already knew. So Amazon fired up the bullshit generator:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

First please allow me to apologize for the frustration that this has caused.

In researching your question we have been unable to find the Listmania List you have mentioned. At this time we can only suggest that you start a new list.

In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have not met that standard.

I am truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations for this level of service. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.


And thank you for assuming I'll shop at Amazon ever again. Fucking Censors!

I highly recommend Powells Books of Portland, Oregon. It's America's largest independent bookstore AND it's unionized -- much less abusive than the characterization of Amazon.com.

No comments: